Fudge Brownies are all-time favorite. This recipe is a bit healthy as I have used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour and replaced refined sugar with maple syrup. I am not calling it completely healthy as I have used a little butter (wanted to have a bit of traditional brownie flavor).
I have taken equal quantities of butter and olive oil (1/4 cup of each). Here you can make your own variations like 1) use 1/2 cup olive oil no butter, 2) use 1/2 cup butter no olive oil or 3) replace these with 1/2 cup coconut oil (this will make it more healthy).
Recipe is simple as it doesn’t call for any special ingredient. Brownies are gooey, rich and fudgy.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Baking – 25 mins, Total – 35 mins
Servings: yields 8 x 8 square pan
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1/3 cup
- Dark Chocolate – 3 oz (around 85 grams, of your choice)
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 1/4 cup
- Eggs – 2 (large)
- Honey or Maple Syrup – 1/3 cup
- Unsalted Butter – 1/4 cup (you can use coconut oil as well)
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup (you can use coconut oil as well)
- Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
To make it egg less: 1 egg = 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water. Let it rest for 5 mins before adding.
How to make Healthy Fudge Brownies:
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit or 160 degrees celsius
- Line a 8 x 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper. Keep aside
- Heat a pan over low heat. Add butter and dark chocolate (incase you’re using a dark chocolate bar, break it into smaller pieces)
- Stir occasionally until it melts completely. Keep aside
- Take a small mixing bowl. Add whole wheat flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix them with a whisk. Keep aside the flour mix
- In large mixing bowl, add eggs and beat them very well
- Add vanilla extract, maple syrup (or honey), olive oil and melted chocolate mix. Stir until combined
- Now add the flour mix to the wet ingredients. Then beat vigorously for less then a minute
- Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 25 to 27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let the brownies cool in the pan. Once they are completely cool, lift the edges of the parchment paper and transfer the brownies to a cutting board. Initially they won’t have much stability, they’ll be better after they sit for a few hours
- Now use a sharp knife to cut the brownies into square shape pieces
- Your Fudge Brownies are ready.