An easy baking recipe for Healthy Banana Coconut Muffins. They are perfect for breakfast, evening snack or whenever you like. Another way to use ripe bananas apart from Banana Bread. They are flavorful and a healthy treat!!!
Tip: To make them egg less, mix 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp of water. Let it rest for 5 mins before adding.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Baking – 18 mins, Total – 33 mins.
Servings: makes 12 muffins.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 1/4 cups
- Mashed Ripe Banana – 1 cup
- Shredded Coconut – 3/4 cup
- Egg – 1 (large)
- Honey or Maple Syrup – 1/4 cup
- Coconut Oil or Olive Oil – 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Raw Sugar – 1 tbsp (to sprinkle on the top).
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Banana Coconut Muffins:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degrees Celsius. Grease all 12 cups on your muffin pan or tray. Keep aside
- Take a big mixing bowl. Add whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk them. Toss in 1/2 cup shredded coconut (reserve 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top). Keep aside
- In another bowl, add oil and honey. Beat them up with a whisk
- Add the eggs and beat well
- Add vanilla extract and mashed banana, mix well. If you’re using coconut oil and it solidifies on contact with cold ingredients then warm it up for 10-15 secs in the microwave
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the flour mix. Stir with a big spoon until all the ingredients are combined
- Divide and add the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup shredded coconut and raw sugar on top
- Bake the muffins for 18 to 21 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let the muffins cool down in the tray for 5-10 mins. Then take them out and cool down for another 10-15 mins
- Your Banana Coconut Muffins are ready.