An easy baking recipe for Healthy Banana Coconut Muffins. They are perfect for breakfast, evening snack or whenever you like. Another way to use ripe bananas apart from Banana Bread. They are flavorful and a healthy treat!!!
Flour Tip: I have used 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, you can also try using 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup ground rolled oats.
To make it egg less: 1 egg = 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water. Let it rest for 5 mins before adding.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Baking – 22 mins, Total – 37 mins
Servings: makes 12 muffins
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 1/4 cups
- Mashed Ripe Banana – 1 cup
- Shredded Coconut – 3/4 cup
- Egg – 1 (large)
- Honey or Maple Syrup – 1/4 cup
- Coconut Oil or Olive Oil – 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Raw Sugar – 1 tbsp (to sprinkle on the top).
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Banana Coconut Muffins:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit or 180 degrees celsius. Grease all 12 cups on your muffin tray or line in with muffin liners. Keep aside
- Take a big mixing bowl. Add whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt. Mix them with a whisk. Toss in 1/2 cup shredded coconut (reserve 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top)
- In another bowl, add oil and honey. Beat them up together with a whisk
- Add the eggs and beat very well. Add vanilla extract and mashed banana. Mix well
- If you’re using coconut oil and it solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, warm it up for 10-15 seconds in the microwave
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the flour mix. Stir with a spoon and mix until all ingredients are combined
- Divide and add the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup shredded coconut on top
- Sprinkle raw sugar on top and bake the muffins for 22 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean
- Let the muffins cool down in the tray for 5-10 minutes. Then take them out and cool down for another 10-15 mins
- Your Banana Coconut Muffins are ready. They’ll remain good for 2 days on shelf and for up to 5 days under refrigeration.