Happy Independence Day to all the Indians out there!!! Wanted to share something healthy today, and here we go with the Carrot Muffins. These are super healthy and delicious. Perfect for the sweet tooth and guilt free. A must try recipe.
Tip: To make them egg less, mix 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp of water. Let it rest for 5 mins before adding.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Baking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins.
Servings: makes 12 muffins.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup + 1 tsp for tossing the raisins
- Ground Rolled Oats – 3/4 cup
- Carrot – 2 cups (grated)
- Plain Greek Yogurt – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2 (large)
- Maple Syrup (or Honey) – 1/3 cup
- Olive Oil – 1/3 cup (you can use coconut oil as well)
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Ground Ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Nutmeg – 1/4 tsp
- Walnuts – 1/2 cup + to sprinkle on the top
- Raisins – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Raw Sugar – 1 tbsp (to sprinkle on the top).
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Carrot Muffins:
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit or 220 degrees Celsius. Grease all 12 cups on your muffin pan or tray. Keep aside
- In a small bowl, toss the raisins with the 1 tsp flour and keep aside
- Take a mixing bowl. Add whole wheat flour, ground rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Whisk them and keep aside
- In another big mixing bowl, add oil and maple syrup. Beat them up with a whisk
- Add the eggs and beat well
- Add the yogurt and vanilla extract, mix well. If you’re using coconut oil and it solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, warm it up for 10-15 secs in the microwave
- Add grated carrots and mix
- Now add flour mix to the wet ingredients. Stir with a big spoon until all ingredients are combined
- Gently fold the chopped walnuts and floured raisins
- Divide and add the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle raw sugar and walnuts on the top of the muffins
- Bake the muffins for 14 to 18 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let the muffins cool down in the tray for 5-10 mins. You can even loosen up the sides with a butter knife if needed. Then take them out and cool down for another 10-15 mins
- Your Carrot Muffins are ready. You can refrigerate them for up to 5 days.