Oatmeal Spice muffins are moist, fluffy and perfectly spiced. It is loaded with the flavor of cinnamon and a bit of nutmeg. You can also add almonds to have the additional tang. Recipe is easy and quick.
Tip: To make them egg less, mix 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp of water. Let it rest for 5 mins before adding.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Baking – 20 mins, Total – 35 mins.
Servings: makes 12 muffins.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Rolled Oats – 1 cup
- Plain Greek Yogurt – 1 cup
- Cinnamon – 2 tsp + to sprinkle on top
- Nutmeg – 1/2 tsp
- Eggs – 2 (large)
- Honey or Maple Syrup – 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil – 1/3 cup (you can use coconut oil as well)
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Almonds – 1/4 to 1/3 cup (chopped)
- Raw Sugar – 1 tbsp (to sprinkle on the top).
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Oatmeal Spice Muffins:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius. Grease all 12 cups on your muffin pan or tray. Keep aside
- Take a big mixing bowl. Add whole wheat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Whisk them and keep aside
- In another bowl, add oil and honey (or maple syrup). Beat them up with a whisk
- Add the eggs and beat well
- Add the yogurt and vanilla extract, mix well. If you’re using coconut oil and it solidifies on contact with cold ingredients then warm it up for 10-15 secs in the microwave
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the flour mix. Stir with a big spoon until all the ingredients are combined
- Gently fold the almonds into the batter. The batter will be thick
- Divide and add the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle raw sugar and cinnamon on the top of the muffins
- Bake the muffins for 18 to 23 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let the muffins cool down in the tray for 5-10 mins. You can even loosen up the sides with a butter knife if needed. Then take them out and cool down for another 10-15 mins
- Your Oatmeal Spice Muffins are ready. They’ll remain good for 2 days on the shelf and 5 days in refrigerator.