Breakfast is the important meal of the day and so are the desserts post any other meal (sometimes, lol!!!). So to calm down the dessert craving or have a delicious breakfast, try these healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins. They’ll remain good for 5 days under refrigeration or 2 days on the shelf.
Also try: Blueberry Muffins.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Baking – 20 mins, Total – 35 mins
Servings: makes 12 muffins
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup + 1 tsp for tossing the strawberries
- Rolled Oats – 1 cup (powdered) + to sprinkle on the top
- Fresh Strawberries – 1 cup (chopped)
- Plain Greek Yogurt – 1 cup (you can use non fat greek yogurt as well)
- Eggs – 2 (large)
- Honey or Maple Syrup – 1/2 cup
- Almonds – 1/4 cup (chopped or crushed)
- Olive Oil – 1/3 cup (you can use coconut oil as well)
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Raw Sugar – 1 tbsp (to sprinkle on the top).
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
To make it egg less: 1 egg = 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water. Let it rest for 5 mins before adding.
How to make Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit or 180 degrees celsius
- Grease all 12 cups on your muffin pan or tray. Keep aside
- Take a big mixing bowl. Add whole wheat flour, powdered rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix them with a whisk. Keep aside the flour mix
- In another bowl, add oil and honey (or maple syrup). Beat them up together with a whisk
- Add the eggs and beat very well
- Add the yogurt and vanilla extract. Mix well
- If you’re using coconut oil and it solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, warm it up for 10-15 seconds in the microwave
- In a small bowl, toss the strawberries with the remaining 1 teaspoon flour. This helps prevent strawberries from sinking to the bottom. Keep aside
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the flour mix. Stir with a spoon and mix until all ingredients are combined
- Gently fold the strawberries and almonds into the batter. The batter will be thick
- Divide and add the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups
- Sprinkle raw sugar and oats on the top of the muffins
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean
- Let the muffins cool down in the tray for 5-10 minutes. You can even loosen up the sides of the muffins with a butter knife if needed. Then take them out and cool down for another 10-15 mins
- Your Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins are ready.