Enjoy these muffins as a snack or relish them in the breakfast with a spread of butter. The crunchiness of crumble on the top and of apple in the middle, make these muffins totally delicious and healthy ingredients used makes them nutritious as well.
- To make them egg less, mix 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp of water. Let it rest for 5 mins before adding
- Maple syrup can be replaced with honey
- You can skip the crumble if desired and simply go with the Apple Muffins
- Any kind of apple goes well, I have used Granny Smith Apples.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert.
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Baking – 15 mins, Total – 35 mins.
Servings: makes 12 muffins.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 3/4 cups
- Chopped Apple – 2 cups
- Plain Greek Yogurt – 1 cup
- Large Eggs – 2
- Maple Syrup – 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil – 1/3 cup
- Baking Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Old-Fashioned Oats – 1 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1/4 cup
- Ground Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Maple Syrup – 2 tbsp
- Melted Butter – 2 tbsp.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Apple Crumble Muffins:
- To make the crumble take a mixing bowl. Add 2 tbsp melted butter, 1 cup oats, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 tbsp maple syrup and 1/4 cup wheat flour. Mix well and keep aside the crumble mix
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit or 220 degrees Celsius. Grease all 12 cups on your muffin pan or tray, keep aside
- Take a big mixing bowl. Add 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour, 1.5 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1/2 tsp salt. Whisk them
- Add 2 cups of chopped apple and mix, keep aside the flour mix
- In another mixing bowl, add 1/3 cup oil and 1/2 cup maple syrup. Beat them up with a whisk
- Add the eggs and beat well
- Add 1 cup yogurt and 1 tsp vanilla extract, mix well
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the flour mix. Stir with a big spoon until all ingredients are combined well, batter will be thick
- Divide and add the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Top them with the prepared crumble and press gently
- Bake the muffins for 14 to 16 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let the muffins cool down in the tray for 5-10 mins. Your Apple Crumble Muffins are ready.