This recipe will take you to healthy and fluffy blueberry muffins. Muffins are soft and moist, can be relished in the breakfast or as dessert.
Tip: To make them egg less, mix 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp of water. Let it rest for 5 mins before adding.
Also try: Healthy Banana Bread.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Baking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins.
Servings: makes 12 muffins.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 3/4 cups + 1 tsp for tossing the blueberries
- Fresh Blueberries – 1 cup (you can use frozen as well)
- Plain Greek Yogurt – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2 (large)
- Honey or Maple Syrup – 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil – 1/3 cup (you can use coconut oil as well)
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Raw Sugar – 1 tbsp (to sprinkle on the top).
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Healthy Blueberry Muffins:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius. Grease all 12 cups on your muffin pan or tray. Keep aside
- Take a big mixing bowl. Add whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk them and keep aside the flour mix
- In another bowl, add oil and honey (or maple syrup). Beat them up with a whisk
- Add the eggs and beat well
- Add the yogurt and vanilla extract, mix well. If you’re using coconut oil and it solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, warm it up for 10-15 secs in the microwave
- In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with the remaining 1 teaspoon flour. This helps prevent blueberries from sinking to the bottom, keep aside
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the flour mix. Stir with a big spoon until all ingredients are combined well
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter, the batter will be thick
- Divide and add the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle some raw sugar on the top
- Bake the muffins for 15 to 19 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let the muffins cool down in the tray for 5-10 mins. You can even loosen up the sides with a butter knife if needed. Then take them out and cool down for another 10-15 mins
- Your Healthy Blueberry Muffins are ready. You can refrigerate them for up to 5 days.