Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!! A perfect treat to relish in the season, Cranberry Almond Bread. Recipe is eggless and easy to make.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Baking – 1 hour, Total – 1 hour 15 mins.
Servings: makes 1 loaf of bread.
- All-Purpose Flour – 2 cups
- Flax Egg – 1 (Mix 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds with 3 tbsp of water, let it rest for 5 mins before using)
- Granulated Sugar – 1/2 cup + to sprinkle on top
- Light Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Sliced Almonds – 1/3 cup
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Dried Cranberries – 1/2 cup
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Almond Extract – 1tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder – 1/2 tsp + to sprinkle on top
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Cranberry Almond Bread:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F or 180 C. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and keep aside
- Take a large mixing bowl and add both the sugars along with the flax egg, whisk until smooth
- Add buttermilk, oil, almond extract and vanilla extract. Whisk well
- Sift in the flour, cinnamon powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until you get a smooth batter and there are no lumps, don’t over do it. Gently fold in the cranberries into the batter
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan, sprinkle some cinnamon powder and granulated sugar. Finally top it with the sliced almonds
- Bake for 55-60 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for about 15 mins, then take it out and let it cool down completely before slicing
- Your Cranberry Almond Bread is ready. It’ll remain good for 5 days under refrigeration and 2 days on the shelf.