To reach the “my perfect” chocolate chip oatmeal cookie, I did try it many times and finally got the chewy and soft cookie. It is packed with oats and the flavor of oats goes perfectly well with the chocolate chips. These are a bit healthy as they have our favorite oats in them. Recipe is easy and egg free.
You can make it gluten-free by replacing whole wheat flour with ground rolled oats.
Freshly baked cookies taste the best, but they’ll remain good for 2-3 days in an airtight container or freeze them for a longer storage.
If you like butter in your cookies, then replace oil with butter.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Freezing – 30 mins, Baking – 15 mins, Total – 55 mins
Servings: makes around 15 medium size cookies
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup (or 1/2 cup ground rolled oats)
- Rolled Oats – 1 cup
- Honey or Maple Syrup – 1/4 cup
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup (you can use coconut oil or butter as well)
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add whole wheat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix them with a whisk. Add chocolate chips. Toss and keep aside the flour mix
- In another big mixing bowl. Add oil (or butter), maple syrup (or honey) and vanilla extract. Whisk until mixture is smooth
- Now add flour mix to the wet ingredients. Stir with a spoon and mix until all ingredients are combined and no flour is visible
- Freeze the dough for 30 – 45 mins. You can also chill them for 24 hours in the refrigerator
- When you’re ready to bake, pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit or 165 degrees celsius
- Line baking sheet/tray with parchment paper for easy cleanup and saving the cookies from burning up
- Spoon the mixture into even 2-inch rounds and place the dough onto the sheets. Similarly do it with remaining dough, leaving 1-2 inches of space around each cookie
- Bake until the edges start to turn golden, it takes around 12 to 15 mins
- Your Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are ready!!!