Jeera Biscuits (Cumin Seeds Biscuits) are one of the popular Indian biscuits. They are a perfect combination of sweet and salty flavors and the rich aroma of roasted cumin makes them so inviting. They are delectable, crispy and crunchy meaning a perfect tea time snack. These biscuits are prepared with whole wheat flour and are egg free.
- You can use salted butter as well, then make sure to skip the salt from the recipe
- You can replace whole wheat flour with all-purpose flour.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Baking – 20 mins, Total – 40 mins.
Servings: makes around 25 small size cookies
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Roasted Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Powdered Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Unsalted Butter – 1/4 cup (at room temperature or softened)
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Milk – 4-5 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Jeera Biscuits:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and keep aside
- Take a mixing bowl. Add butter and sugar, beat them to a smooth and creamy texture
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, roasted cumin seeds and salt. Mix well, it’ll be crumbly
- Now add milk in portions and knead to make a stiff dough. Add more milk as required
- Take the dough ball on a lightly floured surface and roll it with a rolling-pin to around 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with a desired shape cookie cutter. Collect the scrap and repeat the process
- Place the biscuits on the baking tray and bake until crisp, it takes around 18 to 20 mins
- Let them cool down at room temperature. Your Jeera Biscuits are ready. They’ll remain good in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.