December means a little more baking for me than usual, as it’s Christmas Time!!!
This time I am sharing an easy recipe for Buttery Jammy Cookies with you guys. These are a prefect treat to enjoy during winters. To make these mouth-watering cookies you’ll need flour, butter, sugar, jam and a little vanilla extract.
These are egg-free cookies. Also I have used whole wheat flour, you can also try these with all-purpose flour if you wish to get more fluffy cookies.
I have used strawberry jam, you can use any of your favorite like raspberry, peach, blueberry, etc.
Course: Snacks or Desserts
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Baking – 20 mins, Total – 35 mins
Servings: makes around 12 cookies
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Salted Butter – 1/2 cup (softened)
- Powdered Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Strawberry Jam – 1/4 cup.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Butter Jam Cookies:
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit or 160 degrees celsius
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Keep aside
- Take a big mixing bowl. Add softened butter and powdered sugar. Beat with a wired whisk till creamy and light, around 3-4 mins
- Add vanilla extract and salt. Mix
- Add whole wheat flour and gently mix until combined. Dough might be a little sticky
- Now take about a tbsp of the dough and roll into 1 to 1.5 inches balls. Place the dough balls on the baking sheet
- Press the centre of each ball with your finger or handle-end of a wooden spoon. Make a deep well. Fill the cookie centre with the jam using a small spoon (images below for your reference)
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or till edges start to turn golden brown
- Let them cool down at room temperature. Your Butter Jam Cookies are ready
- They’ll remain good in an airtight container for a couple of days.