Even when I think of this Butter Paneer Burger, I just drool over it. It is simply and amazingly delicious. To make the filling for the burger you’ll need paneer (Indian cottage cheese), onions, tomatoes and some spices. This is a must try!!!
Also try: Street Style Aloo Tikki Burger.
Course: Main Course or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 30 mins, Total – 40 mins.
Servings: makes 4 burgers
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 200 grams (cut into small cubes)
- Burger Buns – 4
- Onion – 1 small-medium (blend to smooth paste) + 1 small (sliced)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium-large (blend to smooth paste)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (grated)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (grated)
- Green Chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp + to toast the buns
- Salt to taste.
How to make Butter Paneer Burger:
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a pan and add onion paste, grated ginger & garlic. Saute until golden brown
- Add tomato paste, green chili, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and crushed dried fenugreek leaves. Mix and cook until butter starts to separate
- Add cream, paneer and salt. Mix and cook for 3-4 mins. Your butter paneer is ready, keep aside
- Toast the buns in butter and place the bottom bun on a flat surface. Add the desired quantity of butter paneer, some sliced onions and place the top bun. Your Butter Paneer Burger is ready, serve hot!!!