Veg Patties made with beans and brown rice, then served with Pesto… That’s a healthy and scrumptious meal!!! Patties are crispy, packed with protein and fibre. Pesto is the cherry on the top in this recipe. Patties are as delicious as they look…
Tip: You can also enjoy these patties with pesto between the buns along with some lettuce, onions and tomatoes. A super delish burger it’ll be.
Course: Main Course or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins.
Servings: makes 4-5 patties.
- Cooked Kidney/Black/Pinto Beans – 1 cup (there should be no water in the cooked beans)
- Cooked Brown Rice – 1 cup
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 medium (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Bread Crumbs – 1/4 cup or as needed
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tsp + to pan fry the patties
- Pesto Sauce – as needed (recipe here)
- Salt to taste
- Lemon or Lime Wedges and Sliced Onions for serving.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Veg Patties with Pesto Sauce:
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic. Saute till translucent. Turn off the flame and let it cool down
- Add onion and garlic to a grinding jar, make a smooth paste. Keep aside
- In the same jar add sweet corn and coarsely grind it. Keep aside
- Take a mixing bowl. Add cooked kidney beans. Mash them nicely
- Add onion-garlic paste, sweet corn coarse paste, cooked brown rice and bread crumbs. Mix. Add more bread crumbs if the mix is too sticky
- Add ground black pepper, chilli flakes, coriander leaves, lemon juice and salt. Mix well
- Now make 4-5 round patties out of the mix. Keep aside for 5-10 mins
- Heat oil in a pan or grill pan, place the patties and fry from both the sides until crispy
- Place the patties on a serving plate and spread some pesto on the top. Serve along some sliced onions and lemon wedges.