Black Chickpea Sliders are scrumptious and have the Indian touch. You can use regular chickpeas instead to make these. Also try Bean Sliders.
- You can also deep fry the patties for more crunchiness in your sliders, then add bread crumbs in your mix to make it stiff for frying
- For these sliders I had soaked 1/2 cup black chickpeas over night, boiled them in sufficient water until soft and finally drained all the excess water
- You can bake the patties as well.
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 45 mins.
Servings: makes 5 sliders.
- Slider Buns – 5
- Boiled Black Chickpeas – 1.5 cups
- Chopped Onions – 1/4 cup
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Grated Garlic – 1 tsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chili – 1
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Bread Crumbs if the mix is too sticky
- Tzatziki Sauce as needed, recipe here.
- Oil to pan fry the patties
- Butter to toast the buns
- Sliced Onions as needed
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Black Chickpea Sliders:
- Take a mixing bowl and add boiled black chickpeas. Mash them nicely
- Add onions, green chili, coriander leaves, garlic, ginger, garam masala powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, dry mango powder and salt. Mix well, you can add bread crumbs if its too sticky
- Now make round flat patties from the mix, same in diameter as the slider buns. Keep aside for 10 mins
- Heat a pan and spread some oil. Place the patties and cook from both the sides until crisp and brown, remove from the pan
- Spread some butter on the inner side of slider buns and on the same pan toast them until light golden
- Take bottom of the slider bun, place the patty, spread some tzatziki sauce, place some sliced onions and lastly put top of the slider bun. Your Black Chickpea Sliders are ready.