Veg Manchurian Dry is a delicious and flavorsome Indo-Chinese recipe, it’s spicy and tangy. A perfect appetizer!!!
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 35 mins.
- Finely Chopped Cabbage – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Carrot – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Spring Onion – 1/3 cup (separate the greens and whites)
- Green Chili – 3-4 (slit)
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 2 tsp
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 2 tsp
- Onion – 1/2 cup (cut into cubes)
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup (cut into cubes)
- Corn Flour – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
- All-Purpose Flour – 4 tbsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp + for deep frying
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Veg Manchurian Dry:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add cabbage, carrot, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, 2 tbsp corn flour, 4 tbsp all-purpose flour and salt. Mix well until it comes together to form a dough, make small size balls from it
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan or a kadai to deep fry the balls. Once oil is hot drop the balls and fry until golden brown. Drain on a kitchen paper, keep aside
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp ginger and green chili, saute until fragrant
- Add spring onion whites, onion and capsicum. Saute on high flame for 3-4 mins
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper and salt. Mix and cook for a few seconds
- Meanwhile make slurry by adding 1 tsp corn flour to 1/3 cup water, add this slurry to the pan. Mix and cook until thickens
- Add the manchurian balls and spring onion greens. Mix and cook for a min, your Veg Manchurian Dry is ready, Enjoy!!!