Chilli Paneer Dry is a delicious Indo-Chinese appetiser. We take paneer cubes, dip them in a batter made with corn flour & all-purpose flour, deep fry them and finally toss them in a sauce made with onion, capsicum, ginger, garlic and a few spices.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 35 mins.
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 200 grams (cut into cubes)
- Corn Flour – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
- All-Purpose Flour – 2 tbsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Garlic – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (slit)
- Onion – 1/2 cup (cut into cubes)
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup (cut into cubes)
- Dark Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp + for frying the paneer cubes
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Chilli Paneer Dry:
- Take a mixing bowl and add 2 tbsp corn flour, 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper & salt. Mix and add 1/4 cup water in portions to make a smooth batter. Add paneer cubes and coat well in the batter
- Meanwhile heat oil in a kadai or a pan to deep fry the paneer. Once oil is hot drop the paneer cubes and fry from all the sides until light golden brown. Drain on a kitchen paper towel, keep aside
- Now heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add ginger, garlic and green chilli, saute until aromatic
- Add onion and capsicum, saute on high flame for 3-4 mins
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, chilli flakes, ground black pepper and salt. Mix and cook for a few seconds
- Take 1 tsp corn flour and 1/4 cup water in a bowl, mix to make a slurry. Add this slurry to the pan and cook until sauce thickens
- Add paneer cubes and mix. Your Chilli Paneer Dry is ready.