Such an appetising and mouthwatering Indo-Chinese dish, Veg Manchurian!!! You can prepare it as an appetiser in a dry version or as an entree in a gravy version, it’ll just be delicious. Complete your meal by enjoying it with Veg Fried Rice or Veg Hakka Noodles.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Finely Chopped Cabbage – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Carrot – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Spring Onion – 1/3 cup (separate the greens and whites)
- Finely Chopped Green Chilli – 2
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 2 tsp
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 2 tsp
- Corn Flour – 3 tbsp
- All-Purpose Flour – 2 tbsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 1/4 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp + for deep frying
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Veg Manchurian Gravy:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add cabbage, carrot, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper and salt, give it a gentle mix. Add 2 tbsp corn flour and 2 tbsp all-purpose flour in portions to make a smooth mixture, make small size balls from it
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan or a kadai to deep fry the balls. Once oil is hot drop the balls and fry until golden brown. Drain on a kitchen paper towel, keep aside
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp ginger, green chilli and spring onion whites. Saute until fragrant
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, chilli flakes and salt. Mix and cook for a few seconds
- Add 1 cup water and bring it to a boil, meanwhile make slurry by mixing 1 tbsp corn flour in 1/4 cup water. Add this slurry to the pan and cook until gravy thickens
- Add the manchurian balls and spring onion greens. Mix and your Veg Manchurian Gravy is ready, enjoy with Veg Fried Rice or Veg Hakka Noodles.