Indo-Chinese food is a popular fast food in India, this recipe is for Indo-Chinese vegetable rice. To prepare this we stir fry the vegetables then add vinegar and soy sauce, and finally toss the rice in it. It is flavorful and super easy to make.
Also try: Tomato Basil Rice.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Boiled Rice – 3 cups
- Boiled Green Peas – 1/4 cup
- Green Beans – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Carrot – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Cabbage – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Spring Onion – 1/3 cup (chopped, separate the whites and greens)
- Grated Garlic – 2 tsp
- Grated Ginger – 1 tsp
- Dark Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Veg Fried Rice:
- Heat oil in a pan or a wok. Add ginger and garlic, saute until aromatic
- Keep high flame and add spring onion whites, saute for a few seconds
- Add green beans and cook for a min
- Add cabbage, capsicum and carrots. Cook for about 2 mins
- Add boiled green peas, spring onion greens, soy sauce, vinegar and ground black pepper. Mix and cook for about a min
- Add boiled rice and salt. Mix and cook for about 2 mins
- Your Veg Fried Rice is ready. Serve hot!!!