One of the easiest rice recipes with the minimal ingredients is Basil Rice. It has the flavor of fresh basil leaves and sautéed garlic. You can enjoy it with your favorite Thai curries, Chili Paneer, Paneer in Hot Garlic Sauce or any other curry of your choice.
Also try: Fried Rice, Chili Paneer, Paneer in Hot Garlic Sauce.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Rice – 1 cup
- Garlic – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 1/3 cup (chopped)
- Chili Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Water to cook rice
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Basil Rice:
- Soak rice for 15 mins then rinse thoroughly and cook it as per your convenience. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and saute until light golden brown
- Add chili flakes and ground pepper. Mix and saute for a few seconds
- Add cooked rice, chopped basil leaves and salt. Gently mix and cook for a min or two
- Your Basil Rice is ready. Relish with your favorite curries.