Crackers with toppings are always a win-win for any party or a get together. Easy to make and super delicious toppings makes them irresistible. Today I am sharing the recipe for spicy tangy potato topping for crackers along with the chutneys, which makes it an ideal snack. This topping has a quite similar flavor of the potato stuffing prepared for samosas, so it’s like having a bite of the famous Indian samosa. Hope you try this recipe and relish it as much as I did.
Also try: Achaari Paneer Tikka, Potato Bites, Cajun Potatoes, Baked Potato Wedges, Paneer Pinwheels.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 20 mins.
- Crackers (of your choice) – 16-20
- Mashed Boiled Potatoes – 2 medium
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chilli – 1
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1/2 tsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Tamarind Chutney – as needed for topping (follow recipe here)
- Green Chutney – as needed for topping (follow recipe here)
- Salt to taste.
How to make Cracker Bites with Spicy Potato:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Let it splutter
- Add coriander seeds and fennel seeds. Saute for a few seconds
- Add ginger and green chillies. Saute till aromatic
- Turn the flame to low and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Saute for a few seconds
- Add boiled potatoes and salt. Mix well and cook on medium flame for 3-4 mins
- Add garam masala powder, dry mango powder and coriander leaves. Mix well and turn off the flame. Your spicy tangy potato topping is ready
- Now assemble the crackers on a serving plate. Top them with desired amount of potatoes, tamarind chutney and green chutney. Enjoy…
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you 🙂♥️