The homemade potato bites or tater tots are always better than the store-bought ones. These are crispy, delicious and easy to make. So for your next party or a get-together try out this recipe and impress your guests or yourself.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 35 mins
- Potatoes – 4 large (peeled and washed)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (grated)
- All-Purpose Flour – 1 tbsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Oregano – 1/4 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – to garnish
- Oil – to deep dry
- Water – to boil the potatoes
- Salt to taste.
How to make Potato Bites or Tater Tots:
- Boil water in a large saucepan. Add peeled potatoes and cook until parboil. Drain them and let them cool down
- Now take a grater and grate the parboiled potatoes. Place them on a muslin cloth, cheese cloth or kitchen towel and squeeze as much water as possible
- Take a mixing bowl. Add the potatoes, all-purpose flour, chilli flakes, dried oregano, ground black pepper, grated garlic and salt. Mix well, it’ll be dry but doable
- Make bites or tots from the mix. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add bites or tots when the oil is hot. Fry from all the sides until crispy and golden brown
- Drain them on a kitchen paper towel. Your Potato Bites or Tater Tots are ready
- Garnish with some chopped coriander leaves and enjoy with ketchup.