Semolina Cutlets are crispy, crunchy and lip-smacking. Super easy to prepare for breakfast or as a snack. You’ll need semolina (sooji), potatoes, ginger and a few spices. You can also prepare this mix in advance and refrigerate it, make the cutlets when desired and serve hot!!!
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins.
Servings: makes around 12 cutlets
- Boiled Potato – 2 medium-large (mashed)
- Semolina (Sooji) – 1/2 cup
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (grated)
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – to deep fry the cutlets + 1 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Semolina Cutlets:
- Heat water in a saucepan and bring it to boil, add 1 tsp oil and semolina. Stir continuously on low flame until semolina becomes like a dough. Let it cool down
- Take a mixing bowl and add semolina dough, mashed potatoes, grated ginger, coriander leaves, cumin powder, chaat masala powder, dry mango powder, ground black pepper, chilli flakes & salt. Mix well and make a smooth dough
- Now make cutlets from the mix. Keep aside for about 5 mins
- Heat oil in a deep pan or a kadai. Drop the cutlets in hot oil and deep fry from all the sides until crisp and light brown. Drain on kitchen paper
- Your Semolina Cutlets are ready. Serve with Tamarind Chutney, Green Chutney or Ketchup.