When the veggies are mixed together to make a snack, it is palatable!!! Veg tikkis have paneer (Indian cottage cheese), potatoes, spinach, green peas and sweet corn. What more you can ask for in a snack. We mix all these together and a few spices to make these beautiful looking tikkis or cutlets.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Potatoes – 1 medium (boiled)
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 100 grams (grated or crumbled)
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Spinach – 1 cup (blanched, no excess water should be there)
- Bread Crumbs – 1/2 cup
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – to shallow fry the tikkis
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Veg Tikki:
- Take a grinding jar. Add green peas, sweet corn and spinach. Grind to make a coarse paste
- Take a bowl. Add the paste, potatoes and paneer. Mix
- Add black pepper powder, chat masala powder, bread crumbs and salt. Mix well to make a paste
- Take 1.5 tbsp of the paste (or as desired) and make a round flat tikki. Similarly make the rest and keep aside
- Heat a non-stick pan or tawa. Pour a few drops of oil
- Place the tikkis and cook on medium flame till they are golden brown
- Flip the tikki and cook in the similar way from the other side
- Your Veg Tikkis are ready
- Serve hot with Green Chutney and onions.