Fresh fenugreek leaves with paneer (Indian cottage cheese), potato and some spices makes utterly flavorful tikkis. These are crunchy, tasty and healthy.
Also try: Bread Aloo Tikki, Paneer Aloo Tikki, Bean Potato Cutlet, Kale Chane ke Kebab or Veg Cutlets.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 25 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 35 mins.
Servings: makes around 10 tikkis.
- Grated Boiled Potatoes – 1 cup
- Crumbled Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Fenugreek Leaves – 1 cup
- Ground Oats – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 2
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Grated Garlic – 2 cloves
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil to pan-fry or shallow-fry the tikkis
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Methi Tikki:
- Take a mixing bowl and all the ingredients except oil. Mix well and let the mixture rest for 15 mins
- Now make round shape tikkis from the mix
- Heat a pan and spread some oil, place the tikkis. Cook on medium flame until crisp and brown, then flip and similarly do the other side
- Your Paneer Methi Tikkis are ready. Serve hot with some green chutney and enjoy!!!