Cajun Seasoning always does wonders to the food, it’s a perfect mix of spices. I always love it especially with my potatoes recipes. Cajun Potatoes is basically pan-fried baby potatoes topped with Cajun mayonnaise dressing, an absolute snack for any party!!!
I have used store-bought Cajun Seasoning for this recipe, you can also prepare the mix at home with following ingredients:
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper or red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt or salt.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 30 mins, Total – 45 mins
- Baby Potatoes – 20 (rinsed)
- Rice Flour or Corn Flour – 2-3 tbsp (to dust the potatoes)
- Cajun Seasoning – 1 tbsp
- Mayonnaise – 4 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
- Finely Chopped Onions – 2 tbsp (to sprinkle on top)
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (to sprinkle on top)
- Oil – to pan fry the potatoes.
How to make Cajun Potatoes:
- Cook the rinsed potatoes with some salt in a pressure cooker or a pot, until 90% cooked. Let them cool down
- Take the cooked potatoes and gently press them with your palm or back of a spoon. Do not peel and ensure not to break them
- Dust the potatoes with some rice flour (or corn flour) and keep side for 10 mins
- Take a small mixing bowl. Add mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, lemon juice and Cajun seasoning. Mix and keep aside the dressing
- Heat a pan and add a few drops of oil. Pan fry the potatoes until crisp from both the sides
- Take the fried potatoes on a serving plate. Drizzle some Cajun dressing, sprinkle some onions and coriander leaves. Serve and enjoy!!!
- You can also bake, shallow fry or deep fry the potatoes
- You can dust them with corn flour instead of rice flour
- Do the dressing right before serving as potatoes will become soggy
- You can always fry the potatoes second time right before serving to get that crispiness.