This recipe leads you to crispy, spicy and flavorful potato wedges. I have used Cajun Seasoning and it did wonders, wedges tasted so good. A quick and easy recipe. You can either bake or air fry, I have shared the steps below.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Baking – 30 mins / Air-Frying – 15 mins, Total – 1 hour / 45 mins.
- Potatoes – 4 medium-large (russet potatoes preferred)
- Minced Garlic or Garlic Powder – 1 tsp
- Cajun Seasoning – 1 tbsp
- Ground Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Chili Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste (if you’re using Cajun Seasoning, then add accordingly as it generally comes with salt)
- Tzatziki Sauce to serve along, recipe here.
How to make Potato Wedges:
- Thoroughly rinse potatoes. Cut potatoes lengthwise in half, then slice each half into 4 slices. This way you’ll have 8 wedges per potato
- Place wedges in a bowl of ice-cold water for 20 mins then pat dry with kitchen paper towel, keep aside
- Take a large mixing bowl and add olive oil, minced garlic or garlic powder, cajun seasoning, chili flakes, ground black pepper and salt. Mix well
- Add wedges and toss well to coat evenly
- Bake or Air fry
- To Bake: Pre-heat oven to 400 F or 200 C. Line a large baking sheet with aluminium foil or parchment paper. Place wedges on the lined sheet. Bake until golden and crisp, about 30 mins. Flip the wedges half way through the baking time i.e. about 15 mins
- To Air Fry: Place the wedges in the basket of the air fryer. Cook on 400 F for 15 mins or until golden and crisp. Shake the basket every 5 mins
- Your Potato Wedges are ready. Sprinkle some coriander leaves and serve along with Ketchup or Tzatziki Sauce.