This recipe leads you to the crispy, spicy and flavorful potato wedges. I have used Cajun Seasoning and it did wonders, wedges tasted so good. You can even use seasoning of your choice if desired. It is a quick and easy recipe.
Cheese Tip: If desired, then sprinkle some cheese on top of the wedges in the last 5 mins of baking.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 40 mins, Baking – 30 mins, Total – 1 hour 10 mins
- Potatoes – 4 large (russet potatoes preferred)
- Garlic – 1 clove (grated)
- Cajun Seasoning – 1.5 tbsp or as required
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Tzatziki Sauce – to dip (recipe here)
- Salt to taste (if you’re using Cajun Seasoning, then add accordingly as it generally comes with salt).
How to make Baked Potato Wedges:
- Rinse potatoes thoroughly. Cut potatoes lengthwise in half, then slice each half into 4 slices. This way you’ll have 8 wedges per potato
- Place wedges in a bowl of ice-cold water for about 30 mins then pat dry with kitchen paper towels. Keep aside
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit or 200 degrees celsius. Line a large baking sheet with aluminium foil or parchment paper and keep aside
- Take a large mixing bowl and add olive oil, grated garlic, cajun seasoning, chilli flakes, ground black pepper and salt. Mix well
- Add wedges and toss well to coat evenly
- Place wedges on the lined sheet (image below) and bake until golden, crisp and easily pierced through by a fork, about 30-35 mins. Flip the wedges (with help of a spatula) half way through the baking time (i.e. flip after about 20 mins)
- Your Baked Potato Wedges are ready. Sprinkle some coriander leaves and serve along with Ketchup or Tzatziki Sauce.