Recently I shared Paneer Tikka Pita Pockets, let’s skip the paneer and try pita pockets with some different filling. This time I used kidney beans, potatoes, sweet corns, onions and capsicum. All the flavors came together just perfect!!! Oh yes, the Tzatziki Sauce was the cherry on the cake.
You can also try this stuffing in a tortilla or taco.
I have used homemade whole wheat pita bread for this recipe.
Course: Main Course
Servings: 4 pita pockets
Cuisine: Indian-Middle Eastern
Time: Preparation – 15 Mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread – 2
- Kidney Beans – 1 cup (cooked with salt)
- Potato – 3 medium (peeled and finely chopped)
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Onion – 1/2 cup (julienned)
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup (julienned)
- Coriander Leaves – 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Tzatziki – as needed (recipe here)
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Veg Pita Pockets:
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add chopped potatoes, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper and salt. Mix well. Cover and cook till potatoes are soft. It’s ready, keep it aside
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add julienned onions, capsicum, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper and salt. Saute till a little translucent. Keep it aside
- Take sweet corns and coriander leaves in a small bowl. Mix and keep aside
- Take pita breads and cut them in halves. Warm them
- Now take one pocket. Stuff it with desired amount of kidney beans, potatoes, sweet corns, sautéed onions capsicum and some tzatziki sauce
- Your Veg Pita Pockets are ready. Enjoy!!!