Super scrumptious and so appetising!!! A desi version of Tacos, Paneer Tikka Tacos. Paneer Tikka is an absolute favorite stuffing for many recipes. Soft shell tacos are made with spinach and wheat flour. The yogurt sauce and green chutney makes it so much more flavorsome!!!
- You can use store-bought tacos for this recipe. Go for either hard or soft shell tacos
- You can prepare the paneer tikka and sauces in advance to save time.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Marination – 1 hour, Cooking – 30 mins, Total – 2 hours.
Servings: makes 8 tacos.
For Paneer Tikka:
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 150 grams (chopped in small cubes)
- Onion – 1 small (chopped in small cubes)
- Tomato – 1 small-medium (seeded and chopped in small cubes)
- Bell Peppers – 1/2 cup (chopped in small cubes)
- Gram Flour – 2 tsp
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Hung Curd (or Greek Yogurt) – 1/4 cup
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Black Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Spinach – 1 cup (tightly packed)
- Oil – 1 tsp + for cooking the tacos
- Water to knead the dough
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
- To make Paneer Tikka:
- Take a mixing bowl and add hung curd, gram flour, 1 tbsp oil, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, chaat masala powder, dried fenugreek leaves & salt. Mix well to make a smooth marinade. Add paneer, onions, tomatoes and bell peppers. Gently mix until coated well in marinade, let it rest for an hour or two in the refrigerator
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add the marinated paneer & veggies. Cook on a medium flame until excess moisture is absorbed, stirring occasionally. It takes about 10 mins, your paneer tikka is ready. Keep aside
- To make Tacos:
- Take a blending jar, add spinach and 1-2 tbsp water. Blend it to a puree, add more water if required
- Add this puree to a mixing bowl along with flour, salt and 1 tsp oil. Mix and knead to make a soft smooth dough, add water as needed. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Now divide the dough into 8 equal size balls
- Take a ball and dust it well with flour. Roll it to make a round thin taco
- Meanwhile heat a pan and place the taco. When you start getting the brown spots spread some oil and cook from both the sides
- Your Taco is ready, keep them in a covered container to avoid them from turning hard. Similarly do the rest and keep aside
- Now take a taco, place it on a flat surface, add some paneer tikka in the center, top it with yogurt sauce & green chutney, and finally some sliced onions. Your Paneer Tikka Tacos are ready!!!