Aloo Pakora is another popular Indian snack. It is a quick snack made with sliced potatoes dipped in gram flour batter and then deep fried. It is a perfect snack for tea time and especially on a rainy day. Enjoy them with Green Chutney or Tamarind Chutney.
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Potato – 1 large or 2 medium (cut into round thin slices)
- Besan (Gram Flour) – 1 cup
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Oil – for deep-frying the pakoras
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to Aloo Pakoras:
- Take a bowl. Add besan, cumin powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix
- Add 1/4 cup water and start mixing with a spoon or a whisk. No lumps should be there. Add 1/8 cup more water or as required. Mix well. Batter should be of medium consistency
- Meanwhile heat oil in a kadai or a pan
- Take a slice of potato and dip it in the batter. Cover it properly with the batter and then drop it in the oil. Oil should be hot when you drop it
- Fry pakoras from both the sides till golden
- Drain it on a kitchen paper towel. Similarly do the rest
- Your Aloo Pakoras are ready
- Serve hot with Green Chutney, Imli Chutney or ketchup along with tea or coffee.