Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
- Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
- Sliced Onion about 2 cups
- Finely Chopped Green Chilli – 1
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Carrom Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 1/4 to 1/3 cup
- Oil for deep-frying
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to Onion Pakora:
- Take a bowl and add gram flour, rice flour, carrom seeds, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix
- Add coriander leaves, green chilli and onions. Mix well, onions should be coated well in the flour. Let it rest for 5 mins, onions will release a little moisture
- Now add 1/4 cup water in portions and mix to make a sticky kind of dough, add another 2-3 tbsp water if it’s too dry. It should be like in the image below
- Meanwhile heat oil in a deep kadai or a pan
- Take about a tbsp of the mix and drop it in the hot oil. Deep fry until golden and crisp, drain on a kitchen paper towel and similarly do the rest
- Your Onion Pakoras are ready, serve hot with Green Chutney, Imli Chutney or Ketchup.