Crunchy and totally tasty snack to enjoy or to impress your guests. You’ll need soaked moong dal, some onions, green chilli, coriander leaves along with spices to make these delicious pakoras.
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Soaking – 4 hours, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 4 hours 40 mins.
- Moong Dal (split and skinned) – 1/2 cup (soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight)
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Grated Ginger – 1 inch
- Finely Chopped Green Chilli – 1-2
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Chaat Masala Powder to sprinkle on top
- Oil for deep-frying the pakoras
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Moong Dal Pakora:
Wash the soaked dal thoroughly and drain the water. Grind it to make a slightly coarse paste, add 1-2 tbsp of water if required
Transfer the paste to a mixing bowl and asafoetida, whisk it with a wired whisk for about 4-5 mins or until fluffy
- Add onions, green chilli, coriander leaves, grated ginger, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside for 10 mins
- Meanwhile heat oil in a deep kadai or a pan
- Take about a tbsp of the mix and drop it in the hot oil. Deep fry until golden and crisp on medium flame, drain on a kitchen paper towel and similarly do the rest
- Your Moong Dal Pakora is ready, sprinkle some chaat masala powder while serving. Enjoy with Green Chutney, Imli Chutney or Ketchup.