Crispy aloo (potato) patty, some sliced onions & tomatoes and a bit of mayonnaise & ketchup, then all these between toasted buns. That’s YUM!!! This is my dear friends a vegetarian Indian style burger and it’s called Aloo Tikki Burger. A beautiful must try recipe.
I have shallow fried the patties for this burger. You can also bake them or deep fry them.
I have used 2:1 mayonnaise:ketchup ratio. You can adjust it as per your taste.
Lastly, I have used regular buns for the burger as I don’t wanna miss a single bit flavor. You can even go for whole wheat or multi grain if you prefer.
Course: Main Course or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Refrigeration – 30 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 1 hour 10 mins
Servings: makes 4 burgers
- Burger Buns – 4 (of your choice)
- Boiled Potato – 2 large or 1.5 cups (grated)
- Boiled Green Peas – 1/4 cup
- Poha – 1/4 cup (soaked and drained)
- All-Purpose Flour – 2 tbsp
- Rice Flour – 4 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves (grated) or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Bread Crumbs – to coat the aloo patties
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Mayonnaise – 4 tbsp or as needed
- Ketchup – 2 tbsp or as needed
- Tomato – 1 large (sliced)
- Onion – 1 medium (sliced)
- Oil – to shallow fry the patties
- Butter – to toast the buns
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Aloo Tikki Burger:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add grated potato, peas and poha. Mix well
- Add grated garlic (or garlic powder), coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, ground black pepper and salt. Mix well and keep aside
- Take another mixing bowl. Add 2 tbsp all-purpose flour and 2 tbsp rice flour. Add water and make the slurry. Keep aside
- Take remaining 2 tbsp rice flour on a plate to coat the patties
- Similarly take the bread crumbs on a plate for the coating
- Now make 4 round patties out of the potato mix. Same diameter as your buns (image below)
- First dab the patty in rice flour then dip it in the slurry and lastly coat it with the bread crumbs. Similarly do for the rest and refrigerate the prepared patties for 30 mins (image below)
- Take a small mixing bowl. Add 4 tbsp mayonnaise and 2 tbsp ketchup. Mix well and keep aside the sauce. You can adjust the ratio as per your choice
- Now heat oil in a pan and shallow fry all the patties. Keep aside (image below)
- Toast the buns in butter. Keep aside (image below)
- Take the top of the bun. Spread the sauce on the inside. Place some tomato and onion slices, then place the aloo patty and lastly put the bottom of the bun. Reverse it. This way it’s much easier to place it properly
- Your Aloo Tikki Burger is ready. Dig in!!!