The standard and easy recipe of Aloo Beans, and it has to be on my blog too. To make this we need green beans, potatoes and a few spices. Hope you enjoy this one.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 25 mins
- Green Beans – 2 cups (chopped)
- Potato – 2 medium (chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/6 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/3 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Aloo Beans:
- Heat oil in a kadai or a pan. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Let it splutter
- Add chopped green beans and potatoes
- Add spices – turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well
- Cover and cook on low-medium flame for about 10-15 mins (or until potatoes are soft). Keep sautéing in between
- Once potatoes are soft uncover and cook on high flame for a minute to make it a little more crispy
- Turn off the flame and add garam masala
- Your Aloo Beans is ready. Serve hot with Phulkas.