Banana Walnut Bread is served and relished in breakfast worldwide. This recipe is a healthier version. Hope you enjoy it.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Baking – 50 mins, Total – 1 hour.
Servings: makes 1 loaf of bread
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 3/4 cups
- Ripe Banana – 2 large
- Walnuts – 1/2 cup + to sprinkle on top (chopped)
- Honey or Maple Syrup – 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil – 1/3 cup (you can use coconut oil as well)
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Large Eggs – 2
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp + to sprinkle on top
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
To make it egg less: 1 egg = 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water. Let it rest for 5 mins before adding.
How to make Banana Bread:
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit or 165 degrees celsius. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Keep aside
- Take ripe bananas in a bowl. Mash them up with help of a fork. Keep aside
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add oil and honey (or maple syrup). Beat them up
- Add the eggs and beat well
- Add mashed bananas and milk. Whisk well
- If you’re using coconut oil and it solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, warm it up for 10-15 secs in a microwave
- Now add vanilla extract, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Blend with a whisk
- Add flour. Stir with a big spoon and mix until no flour is visible. Gently fold in the walnuts into the batter
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Sprinkle cinnamon and chopped walnuts
- Bake for 50 to 55 mins, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10-15 mins, then take it out and let it cool down for another 10-15 mins
- Your Banana Bread is ready. It’ll remain good for 5 days under refrigeration and 2 days on the shelf.