Bharwan Shimla Mirch or Stuffed Capsicum (or pepper) is a flavorful dish. It can be relished with phulkas and parathas. The flavor of capsicum blends so well with spiced potato and makes it delectable. We make the stuffing with boiled potatoes and stuff the capsicum with it, then cook it on low flame so that the flavors bind well.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 30 mins, Total – 40 mins.
- Capsicum or Pepper – 4 (small-medium)
- Potato – 4 medium (boiled, peeled and grated)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1/2 tsp
- Asafetida a pinch
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves as needed
- Salt to taste.
How to make Bharwan Shimla Mirch:
- Take capsicum, slice it in half and remove the top & seeds. Keep aside
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and asafetida, let it splutter
- Add potatoes and saute
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix and saute on low-medium flame for 7-8 mins, stirring occasionally
- Add dry mango powder and garam masala powder, mix and cook for a min
- Turn off the flame and add coriander leaves, mix and stuffing is ready. Keep aside and let it cool down a little
- Now take sliced capsicum and stuff them nicely with the potato mix, as shown in the picture. Keep aside
- Heat a tbsp oil in a pan, place the stuffed capsicum from the potato side in the pan. Cover and cook on a low flame. Keep changing sides of the capsicum every 3-4 mins so that they’re cooked from all the sides. They’ll get wrinkled and golden, takes around 15-20 mins to cook them completely
- Your Bharwan Shimla Mirch is ready, enjoy!