Baked Stuffed Kulcha is healthy option over the regular kulcha as we use whole wheat flour for the dough, paneer (Indian cottage cheese) for stuffing and bake them. These are a little more on the crisp side as compared to the regular Stuffed Kulcha which is soft instead.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 2 hours 40 mins, Baking – 20 mins, Total – 3 hours.
Servings: makes 4 medium or 6 small kulchas.
- For Stuffing:
- Grated Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Green Chilli – 1
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- For Dough:
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1.5 cups
- Curd (Plain Yogurt) – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 4 tbsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black Cumin Seeds to sprinkle on top
- Coriander Leaves to sprinkle on top
- Warm Water to knead the dough
- Salt to taste.
- Butter or Ghee (Clarified butter) to spread on top.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Baked Paneer Kulcha:
- Take a mixing bowl and add wheat flour, curd, milk, oil, baking powder, sugar & salt. Mix gently to get the crumbly texture. Add warm water in portions to knead a soft smooth dough, cover it with a damp cloth and keep aside for 2 hours
- Meanwhile prepare the stuffing. Take mixing bowl and add paneer, green chillies, coriander leaves, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder & salt. Mix well and keep aside the stuffing
- After 2 hours knead the dough a bit and divide it into 4 or 6 equal size balls
- Take a ball and dust it, start rolling it with a rolling-pin to make around 3 inches circle. Place some stuffing in the centre and bring the edges together to make a round stuffed ball. Roll it again to make a round kulcha
- Sprinkle some black cumin seeds and coriander leaves, gently roll a little bit again so that they stick to the kulcha
- Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper
Place the kulchas and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Your Baked Paneer Kulchas are ready. Apply some butter and enjoy with your favorite gravy.