Bread Pizza is a Indian breakfast recipe and can even be enjoyed as a snack. This recipe is from my Mom’s kitchen. Hope you’ll like it.
To prepare this you’ll need sooji (semolina), cream, curd (yogurt) and veggies of your choice. We make a batter out of these, spread over a slice of bread and toast it. You can adjust the quantity and variety of veggies in the recipe as per your taste, like you can also add grated carrots, broccoli, mushrooms or boiled green peas to it.
Please find images at the end for your reference.
Course: Breakfast and Snacks
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 35 mins.
Servings: makes 5 bread pizzas.
- Sooji (Semolina or Rava) – 1/2 cup
- Bread Slices – 5 (your choice of bread)
- Sweet Corn – 1/4 cup (boiled)
- Onion – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1/4cup (finely chopped)
- Bell Peppers – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped) (optional)
- Curd – 1/3 cup
- Heavy or Light Cream – 1/3 cup
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Oregano – a pinch
- Oil or Butter – to toast the bread pizza
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Bread Pizza:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add sooji, cream and curd. Mix and let it rest for 15 mins
- Add onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, sweet corn, fresh basil leaves, black pepper, chilli flakes, oregano and salt. Mix well. Batter will be thick as it needs to stick to the bread
- Take a bread slice and spread the batter evenly
- Heat a pan or a tawa. Pour a few drops of oil (or butter) and place the toast on the pan from the batter side
- Cook till it’s crisp, around 3-4 mins. Then flip and cook till bread is toasted
- Your Bread Pizza is ready. Enjoy…