This gorgeous and rich looking chutney is sweet, tangy and spicy. It goes perfectly well with your favorite snack or sandwich, you can even try it as a spread on a slice of bread. The recipe is easy and a quick one with a handful of ingredients.
Tip: You can add 1 tbsp of white vinegar while cooking for a longer shelf life, upto 15 days.
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 30 mins.
Servings: yields about one cup
- Strawberries – around 450 grams
- Brown Sugar (or Jaggery Powder) – 3/4 cup
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1 tbsp (or more for spicier)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1/4 cup (if needed).
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
- Rinse and chop the strawberries into small pieces
- Take a non-stick pan. Add strawberries, lemon juice, brown sugar, chilli flakes and salt. Mix and bring it to boil
- Turn the flame to low-medium, cook until thickens upto desired consistency, about 20 mins and it’ll be mushy looking. If it looks too thick then you can add a little water at this stage
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down completely. It’ll thicken further on cooling down so keep that in mind while reducing
- Your Strawberry Chutney is ready. Store in an air-tight container. It’ll remain good for upto 5 days under refrigeration.