Compote is a such delight to relish as a spread or with your favorite ice cream, cakes, waffles, yogurt, pancakes, etc. It’s always super easy to make and so flavorful. You can switch blackberry in this recipe with blueberry, strawberry or peach and enjoy your choice of fruit compote.
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 15 mins.
Servings: yields 3/4 cup
- Fresh or Frozen Blackberries – 1 cup
- Sugar or Honey – 1 tbsp or as per taste
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
- A pinch of salt.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Blackberry Compote:
- Roughly chop the blackberries and add it to a saucepan along with sugar, lemon juice & salt
- Mix and cook on low flame until blackberries release the juice, stirring often. You can also mash them a little to get that beautiful texture
- Keep cooking on low flame until thickens or you get a desired consistency, takes about 5 mins. It will thicken further as it cools, so keep that in mind
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down, your Blackberry Compote is ready. It’ll remain good for about 10 days under refrigeration.