Compote is a such delight to relish as a spread or with your favourite ice cream, cakes, waffles, yogurt, pancakes, etc. It’s always super easy to make and so flavourful. You can use any berry for this recipe i.e., blackberry, blueberry, strawberry or even peach and enjoy your choice of fruit compote.
Also try: Strawberry Chutney, Mango Salsa, Tzatziki Sauce or Guacamole.
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 15 mins.
Servings: yields 3/4 cup
- Fresh or Frozen Berries – 1 cup
- Sugar or Honey or Maple Syrup – 1 tbsp or as per taste
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
- A pinch of salt.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Berry Compote:
- Roughly chop the berries (not in case of blueberries) and add it to a saucepan along with sugar, lemon juice & salt
- Mix and cook on low flame until berries release the juice, stirring often. You can also mash them a little to get a beautiful texture
- Keep cooking on low flame until thickens or you get a desired consistency, takes about 5 mins. It will thicken further as it cools, so keep that in mind
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down, your Berry Compote is ready. It’ll remain good for about 10 days under refrigeration.