Spinach is super nutritious and when it’s in soup, we relish it even more. To make this soup we need spinach (of course), tomatoes, onions and a little garlic.
Course: Main Course or Starters.
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins.
- Spinach – 1 bunch (around 120 grams)
- Onion – 1 small (diced)
- Tomato – 2 small (diced)
- Garlic – 1 clove (diced)
- Gram Flour – 1 tbsp (you can use wheat flour or corn flour as well)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1.5 cups (or as required)
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Spinach Soup:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and onions. Saute till onions are translucent
- Add gram flour and saute till aromatic
- Add tomatoes. Saute till tomatoes are soft
- Add spinach. Saute and cook till spinach is soft
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down. Once it has completely cooled down, add it to a mixer grinder and grind to make a fine puree
- Transfer it to a saucepan. Add ground black pepper, salt and water. Bring it to boil and cook on low flame for 2-3 mins
- Your Spinach Soup is ready. Serve hot and top it with a little ground black pepper.