This recipe is for a simple and an easy pasta soup. Pasta Soup is always a one bowl of happiness, its filling and super delicious.
Tomato Basil flavor is my favorite, I love it in pasta and even in the soup. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did.
Also try: Spinach Soup, Grilled Pesto Paneer with Red Sauce Pasta, Grilled Paneer with Pesto Pasta or Peppers and Onions Pesto Pasta.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 45 mins, Total – 55 mins
- Short Shape Pasta – 1 Cup
- Plum or Roma Tomatoes – 6
- Onion – 1 medium (diced)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (diced)
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 12 (or 1.5 tsp dried basil leaves)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp or as needed
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 cup + to cook pasta and tomatoes
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Tomato Basil Pasta Soup:
- Take tomatoes and slit at the bottom without breaking, this will help in removing the tomato skin easily. Keep aside (image below)
- Boil enough water in a pot to cook the tomatoes. Once the water is boiling, place the tomatoes in the water for about 2-3 mins
- Remove the tomatoes and place them into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking. Once cool enough to handle, remove the skin and discard
- Roughly chop the tomatoes. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and garlic. Saute till onions are translucent. Turn off the flame and let it cool down
- Meanwhile cook pasta as per instructions on the pack
- Take a blending jar. Add cooked onions garlic, tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. Blend to a smooth texture paste, it should not be grainy
- Heat butter in a pot or a pan. Add the paste, ground black pepper and salt. Cook for 3-4 mins. Add 1 cup water (or as needed, depends on the thickness you like). Bring it to boil and cook for 4-5 mins, keep stirring occasionally
- Add cooked pasta. Mix. Your Tomato Basil Pasta Soup is ready
- Serve warm and sprinkle some ground black pepper. Godere Di!!!