This recipe is effortless. We need quinoa, onions, garlic and lemon. The lemony flavor is unbeatable with quinoa. Hope you enjoy this one.
Course: Breakfast or Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Quinoa – 1/2 cup (rinsed)
- Onion – 1 medium (julienned)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (grated)
- Lemon Zest – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Lemon Quinoa:
- Add water and quinoa in a saucepan. Bring it to boil. Cover and cook on low flame till water is absorbed and quinoa is soft
- While quinoa is cooking heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and onions. Cook till onions are crispy
- Add lemon zest, cumin powder, turmeric powder and chilli flakes. Mix
- Add boiled quinoa and salt. Mix and cook for 1-2 mins
- Turn off the flame. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well
- Your Lemon Quinoa is ready. Serve Hot.