Since I am trying new dishes with quinoa then one has to be with Paneer. I added chili flakes which gave it a spicy flavor and came out quite well.
Also try: Sweet Corn Quinoa.
Course: Breakfast or Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins
- Quinoa – 1/2 cup (rinsed)
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – 1/2 cup (cut in cubes)
- Onions – 1 medium (julienned)
- Capsicum – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 small to medium (puree)
- Ginger – 1 inch (grated or crushed)
- Garlic – 1 clove (grated or crushed)
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Chili Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Olive Oil – 3 tbsp (you can use any other oil as well)
- Salt to taste.
PS: – 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Paneer Quinoa:
- Add water and quinoa in a saucepan. Bring it to boil. Cover and cook on low flame till water is absorbed and quinoa is soft
- While quinoa is boiling heat oil in a pan. Add onions and capsicum. Saute
- Add ginger and garlic. Saute till onions are golden brown
- Add tomato puree and spices – coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix and cook till oil starts to separate
- Add paneer cubes, quinoa, chili flakes and salt. Mix well and cook for 1-2 mins
- Turn off the flame. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well
- Your Paneer Quinoa is ready. Sprinkle a little chili flakes and serve hot.