Paneer with Quinoa makes a delectable recipe. A perfect one for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Also try: Sweet Corn Quinoa.
Course: Breakfast or Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Quinoa – 1/2 cup
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1/2 cup (cut into cubes)
- Onions – 1 medium (julienned)
- Capsicum – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 large (blend to a smooth paste)
- Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
- Garlic – 1 clove (grated)
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Quinoa:
- Thoroughly rinse the quinoa and add to a saucepan along with the water. Bring it to boil, then turn the flame to low and cover. Cook until water is absorbed and quinoa is soft
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan. Add onions, capsicum, ginger and garlic. Cook till onions are light golden brown
- Add tomato paste, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix and cook till oil starts to separate
- Add paneer, cooked quinoa, chilli flakes and salt. Mix well and cook for 1-2 mins
- Turn off the flame. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well
- Your Paneer Quinoa is ready. Sprinkle some chilli flakes and serve hot.