A simple recipe for capsicum and aloo.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins
- Capsicum – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Potato – 2 medium (boiled and cut into cubes)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/3 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango powder (Amchur) – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard oil – 2 tbsp (you can use any other oil as well)
- Salt to taste.
How to make Capsicum Aloo:
- Heat oil in a kadai or a pan. Let it smoke for a minute. Then turn the flame to medium and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions. Saute for a minute on medium flame
- Add capsicum. Saute till onions are golden brown
- Add potatoes and spices – turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and cook for 4-5 mins
- Add dry mango powder. Mix and cook for a minute
- Your Capsicum Aloo is ready. Serve hot with Parathas or Phulkas.