Mix Veg is a nutritious yet amazingly delicious recipe. It is loaded with veggies and full of flavors. Relish it with phulkas or parathas. You can always add veggies of your choice to it or skip any if you like.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 Mins, Cooking – 20 Mins, Total – 35 Mins.
- Cauliflower – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Cabbage – 1 cup (chopped)
- Capsicum – 1/2 Cup (chopped)
- Potato – 1 large (chopped)
- Green Beans – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Carrot – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 100 grams (cut into small cubes)
- Onion – 1 medium-large (sliced)
- Green Chili – 4 (chopped)
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1/2 tsp
- Oil or Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 4 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves to garnish
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Mix Veg:
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan or kadai. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute until fragrant
- Add onions and green chillies, saute until onions are translucent
- Add cauliflower, cabbage, capsicum, potatoes, beans, peas and carrots. Saute
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well, cook covered on a low-medium flame until veggies are cooked. Keep stirring occasionally
- Add sweet corn, paneer and crushed dried fenugreek leaves. Mix and cook covered for another 2 mins
- Turn off the flame and add garam masala powder, dry mango powder & coriander leaves. Mix well and Mix Veg is ready. Serve hot with Phulka or Paratha.