Paneer Masala is an easy and yet delicious paneer recipe. This one comes from my mother-in-law’s kitchen. Hope you enjoy it.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 200 grams (cut into cubes)
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 large (roughly chopped)
- Capsicum – 1 medium-large (roughly chopped)
- Green Chillies – 2 (roughly chopped)
- Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi) – 1
- Bay Leaf (Tej Patta) – 1
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) – 1 tbsp
- Heavy Cream – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Paneer Masala:
- Take a blending jar. Add tomatoes, capsicum and green chilis. Blend to a smooth paste
- Heat oil in a kadai or a pan. Add black cardamom and tej patta. Saute till aromatic
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions. Saute till golden brown
- Add tomato-capsicum paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix and cook till oil starts to separate
- Add cream, kasuri methi and garam masala powder. Mix and cook for a min
- Add paneer and salt. Mix and cook for about 2 mins on medium flame
- Your Paneer Masala is ready. Serve hot with Phulka or Paratha.