Tomato Chutney is sweet and tangy, goes well with many Indian snacks, parathas, kachoris or as you prefer.
Time: Microwave – 10 mins, Cooking – 5 mins, Total – 15 mins.
- Tomato – 2 medium
- Jaggery Powder (or Brown Sugar) – 2 tbsp (you can use white sugar as well)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Tomato Chutney:
- With the help of a knife or a fork prick the tomatoes in a few places to allow excess moisture to escape while the cooking. Place them in a microwave bowl and microwave for 10 mins. Let it cool down
- Now take a strainer and place the tomatoes, and take out the pulp by pressing the tomatoes with the help of a spoon, as much as you can
- Transfer the pulp to a pan. Add jaggery powder, ground black pepper and salt. Cook for 4-5 mins on low flame
- Your Tomato Chutney is ready. It’ll remain good for upto 5 days under refrigeration.