Tomato Chutney is a sweet and tangy chutney, different in taste from Tamarind Chutney. It’s like an Indian ketchup. Goes well with many Indian snacks or parathas or as you like.
Time: Microwave – 10 mins, Cooking – 5 mins, Total – 15 mins
- Tomato – 2 medium
- Jaggery Powder – 2 tbsp (you can use sugar as well)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Tomato Chutney:
- With the help of a knife or a fork prick the tomatoes in a few places to allow excess moisture to escape during the cooking
- Place them in a microwave bowl and microwave for 10 mins. Let it cool down
- Use a strainer to take out the pulp without skin. Press the tomatoes with the help of a spoon while straining to get the most pulp.
- Add the pulp to a pan. Add jaggery powder, ground black pepper and salt
- Cook for 4-5 mins on low flame
- Your Tomato Chutney is ready
- It’ll remain fresh and good for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.