Happy New Year 2021!!! New Year means New Recipe and it has to be richly appetising. Dhaba Style Achaari Paneer is abundantly flavorsome and tasty. This easy and quick recipe needs paneer, some veggies and pickle mix. Pickle flavors with paneer lifts up the game and makes it irresistibly delicious. Relish it with your favorite bread like Naan, Paratha or Phulka.
- You can use plain yogurt instead of greek yogurt
- Mustard oil can be replaced with any other oil or ghee.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 35 mins.
- Paneer – about 350 grams (cut in desired shape)
- Onion – 3 medium-large (roughly chopped one and sliced remaining two)
- Tomato – 2 large (blend to a smooth paste)
- Garlic – 5 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (roughly chopped)
- Green Chilli – 5 (slit)
- Greek Yogurt – 1 cup
- Cumin Seeds – 1.5 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1.5 tsp
- Black Mustard Seeds – 1.5 tsp
- Black Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 5 tbsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves, Julienned Ginger and Slit Green Chilli to garnish
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Dhaba Style Achaari Paneer:
- Heat a pan and add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black cumin seeds, black mustard seeds & fenugreek seeds. Roast until fragrant, do not over do it. Turn off the flame and let it cool down. Now grind them to make a powder, keep aside the pickle powder
- Add roughly chopped onion, garlic and ginger to a grinding jar. Grind to a smooth paste and keep aside
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan, let it smoke for a min then turn the flame to low and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add onion paste and saute until golden brown
- Add sliced onions and saute until a little soft
- Add pickle powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and kashmiri red chilli powder. Mix and saute until onions are light golden brown
- Add tomato paste and slit green chilies. Saute until oil starts to separate
- Add greek yogurt and mix well. Cook until it comes to a boil
- Cook covered for 3-4 mins on medium flame, stirring occasionally
- Add crushed dried fenugreek leaves, paneer and salt. Mix and cook for 3-4 mins on low-medium flame. Stirring occasionally
- Turn off the flame, add chopped coriander leaves and mix. Your Dhaba Style Achaari Paneer is ready
- Garnish with some coriander leaves, julienned ginger and green chilli. Serve hot with your favorite bread.