Paneer Pinwheels is an easy to make and delicious appetizer. You can add these pinwheels to a rich & creamy tomato onion based gravy and it’s going to be scrumptious. Enjoy it with Phulkas, Parathas or Jeera Rice.
I had prepared the Paneer Pinwheels in advance for this recipe.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 35 mins.
- Paneer Pinwheels – 10 (follow recipe here)
- Onion – 1 large (roughly chopped)
- Tomato – 4 medium (roughly chopped)
- Capsicum – 1 small (roughly chopped)
- Green Chili – 2-3 (roughly chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 4 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cream – 3-4 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Coriander Leaves to garnish
- Salt to taste.
How to make Paneer Pinwheel Gravy:
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai and add bay leaf, onions, ginger, garlic, green chilies & capsicum. Saute until onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft. Turn off the flame and let it cool down
- Add it to a blending jar and blend to make a smooth paste. Strain it through a strainer by pressing it nicely to get the maximum paste out of it, keep aside
- Heat a pan or kadai. Add the paste, kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and water. Mix and cook covered for about 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally
- Add crushed kasuri methi, cream, garam masala and salt. Mix and cook for about 2 mins
- Add paneer pinwheels and give it a gentle mix, cook for another 2 mins. Your Paneer Pinwheel Gravy is ready, garnish with some coriander leaves and serve hot.