Paneer Pinwheels is an easy to make and delicious appetizer. You can add these pinwheels to a rich & creamy tomato onion based gravy and it’s going to be scrumptious. Enjoy it with Phulkas, Parathas or Jeera Rice.
I had prepared the Paneer Pinwheels in advance for this recipe.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 35 mins.
- Paneer Pinwheels – 8-10 (follow recipe here)
- Onion – 1 large (roughly chopped)
- Tomato – 4 medium (roughly chopped)
- Capsicum – 1 small (roughly chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (roughly chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 4 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cream – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Coriander Leaves to garnish
- Salt to taste.
How to make Paneer Pinwheel Gravy:
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan or a kadai and add onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies & capsicum. Saute until onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft. Turn off the flame and let it cool down
- Add it to a blending jar, blend to a smooth paste. Keep it aside
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan or kadai. Add bay leaf and saute until fragrant
- Add tomato-onion paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix and cook covered until oil separates
- Add water and bring it to a boil and cook until gravy thickens
- Add crushed kasuri methi, cream, garam masala and salt. Mix and cook for a min
- Add paneer pinwheels and give it a gentle mix, cook for a min or two. Your Paneer Pinwheel Gravy is ready, garnish with some coriander leaves and serve hot.