Koftas made with sweet corns, potatoes and a bit of paneer (Indian cottage cheese), then dipped in creamy spinach gravy; yes that’s the thing I want to share with you guys today. Dish is as delicious as it looks in the picture. A must must try recipe from my blog. Relish it with Laccha Paratha, Whole Wheat Naan or Missi Roti.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 25 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 50 mins
- Boiled Potato – 1 cup (grated)
- Boiled Sweet Corn – 1.5 cups
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1/4 cup (grated)
- Spinach – 300 grams
- Gram Flour (Besan) – 4 tbsp
- Corn Flour – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp (or 1/4 cup light cream)
- Water – 1/2 cup + to blanch spinach
- Oil – for deep-frying the koftas + 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Sweet Corn Kofta in Spinach Gravy:
- Add boiled sweet corn to a grinding jar and grind to a coarse paste
- Take a mixing bowl. Add potatoes, paneer, ground sweet corn, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, gram flour, corn flour and salt. Mix well and make a smooth paste
- Now make small to medium size round shape balls from the paste, around 12 balls
- Heat oil in a deep pan. When oil is hot drop the kofta balls
- Deep fry till it’s golden brown and crisp. Drain it on a kitchen paper towel. Similarly fry rest of the kofta balls. Keep aside
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan to blanch the spinach. Add spinach. Turn off the flame. Cover and keep it for 5 mins. Now strain the water using a colander. Now transfer the spinach to ice-cold water. Keep it for 3-4 mins. Again drain the water using the colander. Blanching is done
- Now take the blanched spinach and add to a blending jar. Blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions, green chillies and ginger. Saute till onions are golden brown
- Add spinach paste, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, salt and 1/2 cup water. Cook for a minute
- Add cream and kofta balls. Mix and cook for another minute
- Your Sweet Corn Kofta in Spinach Gravy is ready. Serve hot with your favorite bread.